Pyohex Medicated Conditioner is a leave on conditioner designed to be used in conjunction with Pyohex shampoo. Pyohex Medicated Conditioner prolongs the antibacterial action of the Chlorhexidine gluconate contained in Pyohex shampoo and Malaseb shampoo. In addition to this, Pyohex conditioner helps replenish moisture on the skin after bathing.
How does Dermcare Pyohex Medicated Shampoo and Conditioner help my pet?
Chlorhexidine gluconate, the active ingredient in Pyohex shampoo and conditioner, has a broad spectrum of antibacterial activity against most bacteria that are commonly found in cases of superficial bacterial dermatitis. Studies show that the antibacterial activity of chlorhexidine gluconate is optimised at 3%, which is the concentration found in both Pyohex shampoo and conditioner.
How often should I use Pyohex Medicated Shampoo and Conditioner?
During periods of active infection the shampoo and conditioner should be used twice per week. Once the infection has resolved, bathing once per week or fortnight is often enough to prevent recurrences. The time of year may influence the frequency of bathing. For example, during Spring and Summer, dogs who suffer from seasonal allergies and secondary skin infections may require more frequent bathing than other times of the year.
Directions for use:
- Thoroughly wet the dog with clean water
- Apply shampoo at various points on the pet
- Massage into a lather. A sponge may assist with this and with penetration through the coat.
- Leave in contact with the skin for 10 minutes – During this time pets must be supervised to ensure that ingestion or inhalation of the product does not occur.
- Rinse thoroughly
How to use the conditioner:
- Place a small amount of conditioner into the palm of the hand, spread evenly over hands then gently massage into the coat.
- Use with caution around eyes. If shampoo enters animal’s eye, flush thoroughly with clean water. Seek veterinary advice if eye changes are observed
- Pets should not be left unattended during the standing process as licking or inhaling shampoo foam may result in irritation of the gastrointestinal or respiratory tracts.
- Antibiotic therapy is recommended for the initial control of infection or where deep pyodermas exist.
Safety directions: Will irritate the eyes and skin. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. When using the product wear rubber gloves, If product enters eye, wash it out immediately with water. Wash hands after use
First aid: If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information centre. Phone Australia 131126. If swallowed, do NOT induce vomiting. Give a glass of water.
Disposal: Dispose of empty container by wrapping with paper and putting in garbage
Storage instructions: Store below 30℃ (room temperature)