Your kitty is too purr-fect to be bugged by fleas and ticks—help control infestations with Frontline Plus Flea and Tick Cat and Kitten Treatment! This fast-acting, long-lasting and waterproof flea and tick protection helps control these pesky pests on cats and kittens, eight weeks of age and older. The two tough pest control ingredients in this formula—fipronil and (S)-methoprene—work on killing adult fleas, eggs and larvae, helping to prevent against further infestations. Stored in the oil glands of your pal’s skin, it provides flea and tick prevention for a full 30 days. No more bugs bugging your kitty!
- This fast-acting, lost-lasting and waterproof formula provides flea and tick treatment and control for cats and kittens 8 weeks of age and older.
- Made with 2 tough pest control ingredients—this treatment breaks the flea life cycle by killing existing infestations of adult fleas as well as the eggs and larvae, preventing further infestations from bugging your favorite feline!
- Not only does this treatment kill fleas, flea eggs and larvae, it also kills lice and ticks—including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Stored in your kitty’s oil glands, this formula provides long-lasting flea and tick control, working non-stop for 30 days after application.
- This product is approved for use on cats and kittens weighing 1.5 pounds and over.
Your pet may experience some temporary irritation at the site of application. If signs persist or become severe within a few days of application, consult your veterinarian immediately. Observe your pet following treatment. Sensitivities may occur after using ANY pesticide product on pets. Please read entire manufacturer’s insert prior to using product. Approved for use in breeding, pregnant, or nursing animals. Consult with veterinarian before using on sick, medicated or aged animals.
Fleas rise to the top of your pet's coat as they die, so consider it a triumph if you start seeing more fleas at first, after treating your pet. If you’re still seeing fleas after application, it may be because your pet has picked up new fleas from the environment, which may include other pets, surfaces and outdoor areas. It may take up to 30 days to break the entire flea life cycle. Additionally, you should also treat sources of new fleas (i.e., carpet, yard, etc.) to ensure complete flea control.
- Remove Applicator: Lift and remove the plastic tab to expose foil backing. Then peel away the foil. Or use scissors to open
- Open Applicator: Hold upright with foil side toward you and snap applicator tip
- Apply FRONTLINE Plus: Part your cat's hair between the shoulder blades. Place the applicator tip just above the skin and squeeze. Apply entire contents of the applicator in a single spot directly onto the animal's skin. Do not apply on top of the haircoat. Avoid contact with treated area until dry
- Remove the cat's collar
- Apply as a spot between your cat's shoulder blades in 1 area that can't be licked
- Avoid touching the wet application spot
- Wait 24 hours to allow solution to dry before bathing or letting your cat get wet
- Give each of your cats its own complete dose
Frequency of Application
- When used monthly, FRONTLINE Plus completely breaks the flea life cycle and controls tick and chewing lice infestations. Do not reapply FRONTLINE Plus for 30 days.
- FRONTLINE Plus kills adult fleas, flea eggs, and flea larvae for up to three months. FRONTLINE Plus also prevents development of all flea stages for up to three months. FRONTLINE Plus can control fleas for up to three months, however, if there is a high risk of reinfestation or if the pet has fleas which may cause flea allergy dermatitis, a once monthly application may be needed.
- FRONTLINE Plus kills ticks for at least one month. A once monthly application is recommended where tick control is needed. FRONTLINE Plus kills all life stages of ticks (larva, nymph and adult).
- FRONTLINE Plus kills ticks that may transmit Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, ehrlichiosis, babesiosis, anaplasmosis and other tick-borne diseases.
- FRONTLINE Plus kills chewing lice for at least one month. A once monthly application is recommended where chewing lice control is needed.
- FRONTLINE Plus aids in the control of sarcoptic mange infestations. Multiple monthly treatments are recommended for the elimination of mites.