Help prevent fleas and ticks from pestering your pal with Frontline Plus Flea and Tick Large Breed Dog Treatment! This treatment is fast-acting, long-lasting and waterproof, and helps control these pesky pests on large-breed dogs and puppies eight weeks of age and older. The two tough pest control ingredients in this formula—fipronil and (S)-methoprene—work on killing adult fleas, eggs and larvae, helping to prevent against further infestations. Stored in the oil glands of your pal’s skin, it provides flea and tick prevention for a full 30 days. No more bugs bugging your pup!Key Benefits
- This fast-acting, lost-lasting and waterproof formula provides flea and tick treatment and control for large-breed dogs 8 weeks of age and older.
- Made with 2 tough pest control ingredients—this treatment breaks the flea life cycle by killing existing infestations of adult fleas as well as the eggs and larvae, preventing further infestations from bugging your pal!
- Not only does this treatment kill fleas, flea eggs and larvae, it also kills lice and ticks—including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Stored in your pup’s oil glands, this formula provides long-lasting flea and tick control, working non-stop for 30 days after application.
- This product is approved for the use on medium-breed dogs weighing 45-88 pounds.
Your pet may experience some temporary irritation at the site of application. If signs persist or become severe within a few days of application, consult your veterinarian immediately. Observe your pet following treatment. Sensitivities may occur after using ANY pesticide product on pets. Please read entire manufacturer’s insert prior to using product. Approved for use in breeding, pregnant, or nursing animals. Consult with veterinarian before using on sick, medicated or aged animals.
Fleas rise to the top of your pet's coat as they die, so consider it a triumph if you start seeing more fleas at first, after treating your pet. If you’re still seeing fleas after application, it may be because your pet has picked up new fleas from the environment, which may include other pets, surfaces and outdoor areas. It may take up to 30 days to break the entire flea life cycle. Additionally, you should also treat sources of new fleas (i.e., carpet, yard, etc.) to ensure complete flea control.
- Snap open the tip of the Frontline applicator away from your body and face.
- Part your pet's hair between the shoulder blades until you can see the skin, and place the tip of the applicator on the skin.
- Squeeze applicator to apply entire contents in a single spot on the skin monthly.
- Allow 24 hours before bathing or swimming.
- Remove dog's collar
- Apply as a spot between your dog's shoulder blades in 1 area that can't be licked.
- Avoid touching the wet application spot.
- Wait 24 hours to allow solution to dry before bathing or letting your dog swim.
- Give each of your dogs its own complete dose.
Frequency of Application
- When used monthly, FRONTLINE Plus completely breaks the flea life cycle and controls tick and chewing lice infestations. Do not reapply FRONTLINE Plus for 30 days.
- FRONTLINE Plus kills adult fleas, flea eggs, and flea larvae for up to three months. FRONTLINE Plus also prevents development of all flea stages for up to three months. FRONTLINE Plus can control fleas for up to three months, however, if there is a high risk of reinfestation or if the pet has fleas which may cause flea allergy dermatitis, a once monthly application may be needed.
- FRONTLINE Plus kills ticks for at least one month. A once monthly application is recommended where tick control is needed. FRONTLINE Plus kills all life stages of ticks (larva, nymph and adult).
- FRONTLINE Plus kills ticks that may transmit Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, ehrlichiosis, babesiosis, anaplasmosis and other tick-borne diseases.
- FRONTLINE Plus kills chewing lice for at least one month. A once monthly application is recommended where chewing lice control is needed.
- FRONTLINE Plus aids in the control of sarcoptic mange infestations. Multiple monthly treatments are recommended for the elimination of mites.